Today I want to share with you some ideas to spend Valentine’s day alone. Valentine’s day doesn’t have to be a torture for the loner. I have learned with the years to appreciate solitude and there is no person that can love you as much as you love yourself. Self-love is one of the most important ways of love. I take advantage of any opportunity I get to enjoy my free time. Here I bring you 6 ways to spend valentine’s day alone.
1. Enjoy a detox bath – Sink in the tub with soothing music, light up some candles and throw some bubbles. A hot bath can renovate your spirit and relax your muscles. Recently, I purchased these Armani’s Aromas candles at the Brickell Fashion Market. They even have candles that smell like Appletini. Incrediblle, isn’t it? They have great quality soy candles and it also turns into a massage oil when melted.
2. Splurge – One of the greatest thing of being single is that you don’t have to worry in buying gifts to that special someone. I recently purchased my Kate Spade purse as a gift for all my hard work. Go shopping on Valentine’s day and invest in that latest item you’ve been wanting for so long. Have you been persistent in your new year’s resolutions? Splurging is a good way to congratulate yourself, but do not spend your whole pay check. Make it extra special and ask the store to wrap it up for you. You deserve it!
3. Get artsy – This year Valentine’s day falls on a weekend. Grab your friends and head to the PAMM museum. They will have free entrance on February 14th and you will have the opportunity to see there newest collections. This weekend Miami offers other artistic events such as Wynwood art walk and the Coconut Grove Arts Festival. Entrance for the CGAF is $15.
4. Brunch – Make it a Galentine’s day with your ladies. There is no better way to celebrate Valentine’s day than to brunch with your gals. There are so many good places to have brunch. Here are my top 5: Cecconi’s at Soho Beach House, Peacock Garden Cafe, The Local House, La Piaggia and American Social Brickell.
5. Single Mingle at John Martin’s Irish Pub in Coral Gables – This is an awesome event to find the love of your life ladies. The event cost $25 and includes one free drink, music, Hors D’oeuvres and raffle prizes.
6. Share acts of kindness- There are people everywhere in need of love; your family, community and workplace. Here are some ideas to remind others about love: give flowers to a stranger, bake some brownies for your neighbor, participate in a charity, invite someone for dinner, pay for a stranger’s order at your local coffee shop, leave a kind note in a stranger’s car or made home-made Valentine’s card for your co-workers. Any little act of kindness count and is good to remind others of the love of God.
Hope these ideas help you to embrace that day. Hug and kisses to all!