Today is May 10th and is my Birthdaaaaayyyyy. I am really excited not only because I’m turning 26th but also because is Mother’s day. Since an early age I’ve taken birthdays very serious. The fact that birthdays are a good reason to eat cake until your sugar levels are high enough, is a way to celebrate your personal growth and the opportunity to celebrate one more year in this phase we call Life.
Today I want to share with you what it feels to be 26th, what I’ve learned in this past year and, my personal birthday tradition. This birthday feels extra special because I get to celebrate two occasions in one. It is kinda odd and at the same time a blessing to have your birthday falls on Mother’s day. I am very grateful to celebrate today with my mom and the rest of my family two special occasions. Twenty-six feels closer to thirty. As closer I get to the big 30, I start realizing what I really want from life. I get a lot of people from my age saying that they feel too old. For me is the contrary. The older I get the wiser and stronger I become. I think is important to celebrate each milestone from your life and be thankful to God for another year.
This past year I have learned so much from personal experiences and other people’s stories. I want to share with you these life lessons and hope they serve you as well.
1. Let go of fear. In order to open new doors in your life you need to let go fear of shame, fear of success or fear of whatever is holding you back and stopping you to reach your goals. Open your life to new possibilities and take a leap of faith.
2. Do not compare yourself to others. Your path and journey are different from your neighbor. Take in mind that each person has a different history and all goals are reached in different ways.
3. Live life with a purpose. Find your passion and do a little bit of it each day. Chances are that eventually it will become your full time job.
4. Forgive. This is a tough one. Forget your past mistakes and the people who hurt you in the past. Those things do not matter anymore but your present and future does.
5. Respect everyone. With this I mean respect even the arrival time of a meeting. When you respect others, you build trust and so forth you build a relationship. Respect is the key to successful partnerships.
6. Worry less. I tend to worry for mundane things very often, however I’ve learned that worry does not get you anywhere. Worry is an extra feeling that takes away positive energy and does not solve any problem. A good technique I’ve learned is to write my worries in a piece of paper and put it in a bowl. If you can’t control it, go back to your worry list and spend no more than ten minutes on it, then move on.
I continue to remind myself these life lessons and attempt to practice it everyday. Each year is an opportunity to keep growing emotionally and mentally.
Also, I have this birthday tradition that includes to try something new or learn a new hobby. Last year I did sky diving and it was one of the best experiences of my life. This year I am trying something different as well. It doesn’t matter what it is as long is a good and positive change. Even though last birthday I chose to overcome the fear of heights, each birthday is a new opportunity to learn a skill, let go of something or move on.
For this post I decided to go for a Parisian chic look. I felt in love with this skirt once I saw it. I bought it a french boutique in South Beach and can be easily worn with any matching white top for a preppy look. Also, I would add a small scarf to the neck and complete the look with a fishtail braid.
I hope all of you enjoy Mother’s day! As for me, I will continue to celebrate my birthday saga. For more pictures do not forget to check my Instagram. Love you guys and thanks for reading! xoxo.
Skirt- Roses and Dreams boutique
Crop top – Splash boutique
Shoes – Dolce Vita
Photography by Danielle Margherite