New York City is a great place to visit any time of the year except during the heavy days of winter. Do we all agree how hard is to walk in the snow? This city has a lot to offer, especially during the summer and fall seasons. Whether you are a local or a visitor, these are some non-cliche activities to try once in a while.
- Attend a Yankee Game. Especially if the team is playing against the Red Sox from Boston. I am a baseball fan since middle school and is a sport I’ve known from my country origin. The Yankee Stadium is beautiful and offers a great view of the game from any angle. Even if you do not enjoy the sport, is an activity to try at least once with your friends.
- Visit the One World Trade Center. This is the tallest building in NYC and it offers a 360 degree view of the entire city. You can even spot lady liberty and the Brooklyn bridge. This is the most popular attraction for tourists and if you’re a local, you must definitely visit. The elevator ride is one of the most interesting things, as it takes you up the 102nd floor in less than 40 seconds.
3. Visit the MET Museum. This museum has a room for every interest. I enjoyed the costume area as it portrays beautiful dresses from well respected designers as Roberto Cavalli and Yves Saint Laurent.
4. Attend a Live YouTube Show. I was lucky to attend the live meetup and book signing by Dulce Candy on my recent visit to New York. The You Tube Space is located in Chelsea Market and if you happen to visit during a special event, hurry up and RSVP.
5. Go to Hillsong Church. If you are Christian or Catholic, you will definitely enjoy the vibe of this church. The songs are just enough to make you dance, raise your hand to the sky and praise Jesus. #canIgetanamen
6. Hangout in a Rooftop Bar. Rooftop bars are the IT bars of NYC. If you are into the nightlife, you can’t miss a visit to one of the coolest bars. The Standard hotel, has one of the most spectacular views and great ambiance.
7. Shop at Soho. Some stores just belong to New York and some you can’t find them in your own city. That is why New York is a good excuse to go shopping. Necessary Clothing is a good option located in Soho, and offers accessible fashion for the lady on a budget.8. Visit Niagara Falls. If you haven’t visited yet, make it a to do list for your next visit to New York. Taking a plane is faster, but a tour is better if you want to save extra money. Buffalo, NY has one of the best ribs ever by the way. For those of you who can’t cross the border, do not worry. The boat ride takes you across all three waterfalls. 9. Go to Smorgasburg. This event is a food market opened during weekends, and offers great local food. Visit the website for more info www.smorgasburg.comThese are just few ideas of what to do around the fast paced city of New York. Wherever you go, always leave with a smile.
There is a video coming up in my new You Tube channel about my recent trip to New York, so stay tuned.