Welcome to a new section on the blog! I am so excited to be sharing a new topic with you. Each month I plan to review my favorite book of the month and give my insight on what I learned from the book. We are in the last week of October, and is the perfect season to get cozy, grab a latte and read. Tales From The Back Row has been one of my favorite inspirational books related to the fashion industry. If you are a fashion enthusiast like me and dream of working in the industry, then you need to add this book to you coffee table book collection. Make it your to-read list for the month because it will give you tips and inside access to the industry. As for me, I enjoyed reading it by the pool and Miami has always a perfect weather for it.
In today’s post I want to emphasize main points I learned in Tales From The Back Row. Read below as I summarize the tips Amy Odell brings us from behind the scenes.
- Master your lame flamingo. This fashion pose will work out for any photo shoot.
- Do not wear sweatpants for a special occasion even if they are from Alexander Wang. Especially if you are meeting your boyfriend’s parents. Is a big no no!
- Read the fine letter print of an invitation and be the last one to leave from the event. You might meet your hero.
- Try hard, but do not look like you are trying so hard.
- Get to know designers and be nice to them. Looks can be deceiving.
- Self promotion is a requirement in this industry for success.
- All that hard work and dedication can really pay off.
- Be fluent in your vocabulary, nobody wants to notice your lack of education.
- Whenever in doubt, wear everything black. It will always look stylish.
This book claims to give you a good preview of what happens behind the scenes in the fashion world. Thanks to Mrs. Odell we have a good hint of what it is like sitting in the back row.
If you enjoy book reviews or want to join a book club let me know in the comments below.