Few weeks ago I attended a Vision Board soiree at Sparkle and Shine with my blogger babes. The event was inspiring and walking around the store let me discovered my inner desires. I am big in making resolutions for the year, but tend to fall down after February kicks in. As a visual person I find vision boards to be inspiring and, remind you of your dreams and goals. Setting intentions and putting visual images of your dream life/job/relationships is important. The easy way to map out our dream life is with vision boards. There are few steps I follow to create vision boards. Read below for tips on how to create a meaningful vision board.
- Write down your dreams in a quite place. I recently finished reading “Girl Code” a book by Cara Allwil Leyba, and loved her concept of limitless luxe. Dream big and believe that you can get the things your heart desires. Who do you want to become and what is your vision of life? Be specific. Write detailed dreams and goals. Do you want to travel to Europe?
- Write action plans for each goal. How long will these goals take? What are the steps to get there. These are the images you need to find to put in your vision board. If you dream of travelling more but lack the financial resources, then you can put up an image of dollar bills that remind you to save more money. Remember to make achievable goals. You want to write things you can achieve within the next 6 months. Are you looking for a husband? Then put images of dating more.
- Now, grab your materials, serve yourself a glass of champagne and start looking for images of your life. You want to set the stage for success. This is your alone activity. Put on soothing music, light a candle and let the universe do the rest. Remember to find images that represent a true dream and desire, and not an unattainable aspiration.
- Be creative. You can use colored papers, cardboards, stickers, colored pens. Let your creativity bloom. Mix and Match images and quotes that are meaningful to you.
- Frame it! After creating your vision board do not toss it under the bed. Make it visual and put it in a place you will see it everyday.
Vision boards serve as a visual guide and map for you life. Is important to identify your goals and be specific about them. Once you find an image that connects to your dream, don’t ignore it. Style your vision board because is something you will look at everyday. I created a big vision board and a mini one in my new agenda in order to keep the positive vibes and energy flowing. The purpose of your vision board is to take steps every single day that lead to your goal. Always have a big picture of your dreams.
Share your vision board with me in Instagram @thefashion.buffet or Snapchat at justjannely.