I am so honored to be nominated for the Liebester Award by my friend Natalie from Wine with Nat. Natalie is an incredible writer and entrepreneur who I met in one of Nikki Novo’s workshops for blogging success. Her charisma, spirit and outgoing personality are what have allowed her to grow professionally. So I feel really honored to be nominated by Nat and she has my utmost respect. This award is an online recognition given by bloggers to other bloggers. The Liebester Award allows other bloggers to discover new blogs. Nat asked me to answer 10 questions and I enjoyed responding to each one of them. I also feel that this is a good exercise to examine your life and refocus your dreams.
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
I have always been interested in magazines since an early age. When I was younger I used to collect magazines from the pharmacy and stack them in order of season. That was my first source of reading material. Magazines shared with me a passion I could not describe at that time. On another note, One of my dreams was to pursue a career in fashion design. This blog has served as an outlet to spread my creativity and passion for fashion. I got inspired to share my point of view with my global community. I also enjoy informing people about the coolest thing out there and I thought blogging was the best way to get my word out. Blogging is my voice when nobody wants to listen.
2. Where do you look for inspiration?
Magazines are my main source of inspiration but inspiration is everywhere. From the bloggers I follow around the world, to the art walls in Wynwood Art District. Sometimes I get inspired by listening to a specific song or a movie. I also get inspired by my travels and different cultures. One of the latest inspirations I got was from an airline magazine title in American Airlines. That’s going to be my inspiration for a future article title.
3. Who’s been your biggest inspiration?
My dad because he never settled for anything. Daddy always knew the greatness inside him. I also have to mention my Mom because moms are always an inspiration.
4. What is the biggest challenge you face as a professional?
I struggle to find my dream JOB. After attending college, it has become hard to build a career and I’ve become easily frustrated with the job market.
5. How do you overcome this challenge to move ahead?
What keeps me motivated is my blog and my readers. Having a purpose in life can overcome any challenge. It is important to have a purpose on what you do from Monday to Friday, instead of waiting for a paycheck.
6. Career and life can be stressful, how do you cope with stress (un-wine)?
A cafecito or colada in the mid-afternoon is always a good fix. However, I prefer to destress with activities I enjoy doing such as reading, writing and exercising. When you do more of what you love, is hard for stress to kick in.
7. What is the best advice you can give other professionals (and bloggers)?
Do not settle for anything in this life. If a career or relationship is not the right fit for you, move on. Recognizing our value is important to continue growing professionally. I understand most people keep their daytime job because they need an income, but do not ever sell yourself low. Negotiate with confidence. Let go of negative environments that do not serve a purpose in your profession or blog. Do not work for money, work for passion. Eventually the income will come.
8. Are you a wine lover?
9. If so, what’s your favorite wine?
I love sparkling wine, aka Champagne (Veuve Clicquot) #thechampagnelife
10. Wine to me is something that brings people together and creates memories. How do you bring people together to create memories?
I like inviting people over brunch. I love catching up with friends and family over french toast and mimosas. Food brings people together from all over the world.
Below I have selected my nominees and favorite websites.
- Don’t Tell Me To Chill
- Miami O’ Clock
- Runaway Habit
- Love Hannah Always
- Hopeless Book Lover
- Horacio Printing Blog
- Sara Mueller
- Iron N Salt
- I’m Not Sorry Darling
- Single Strides
Now that I have nominated you, is your time to nominate other bloggers and answer the questions below. I look forward to read your answers!
1. Share the award on your blog
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
3. Answer the 10 questions you are asked
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers
5. Ask 10 new questions
10 Questions for my nominees:
1. What is the most favorite fashion piece you own?
2. What is the main purpose of your blog/career?
3. Describe your perfect job/career.
4. How do you feel about your future? Are you a planner or a go with the flow type of person?
5. Explain what success means to you.
6. Choose three valuable things.
7. What is your favorite movie quote and what does it mean to you?
8. What has been the biggest challenge you’ve encountered in your blog or profession?
9. I love reading magazines. Do you have a favorite magazine? If not, which is your favorite book?
10. Tell me. Why do you blog?