It’s my birthday and I will do whatever I want! Today I will be celebrating with my family and enjoying life’s blessings. This past year has been so amazing and I gained so much knowledge. Each year is a time to grow and learn from past mistakes. I am so grateful for all the wonderful people I’ve met and the opportunities received along the way. So today I celebrate in white because I am a true HEAT fan and a way to initiate a new season with a clean slate.
So while I am around town celebrating with champagne, here I leave you a little fashion inspiration while you are on your office break. Off the shoulders is all the hype for this spring/summer season. I decided to wear this dress with my favorite choker from “Buddha with a Bling”. This choker is the perfect statement jewelry for V cut dresses. As I grow older, I have learned to embrace my body and learn how to love each imperfection. This past year I learned the magic of dreaming big. Today I want to share 27 things I’ve learned this past year (27 because I turn 27) and some little things you should know by your mid 20’s.
- Enjoy the present by being less focused on social media.
- Stop buying expensive coffee and learn how to make a proper colada for you and your guests.
- Keep old numbers and business cards. You never know when you’ll need that contact.
- You don’t need to always smile but try to find the positive side.
- Build a good community support group. It can be from church or a group you already attend.
- Live with purpose. This will determine your overall happiness.
- Find a career you want to do for the rest of your life and you do not hate.
- Keep old friends and call them once in a while.
- Keep a good savings account in case of emergencies.
- Travel more because is the best investment you can make.
- Enjoy the wrong person until you find the right one. Embrace the single life.
- Learn how to choose the right partner for that long term commitment.
- Find a solo activity you enjoy doing and do it more often.
- Read a new book at least once a month. Knowledge is more valuable than gold.
- Volunteer for a good cause or your church community. It’s always good to give back.
- Invest in a good pair of shoes. Cinderella is proof of how the good pair changes your whole life.
- Eat more veggies and less sugar. Investing in your future health is as important as investing in things.
- Slow down and take your time to do things.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
- Relationships come and go but you will learn how to appreciate each person who come your way.
- Sometimes you need to take the high road.
- Adulting has never been easy but when in doubt always call mom.
- There are two types of people. Energy suckers and energy givers. Keep the latter.
- Find your scent and wear it often.
- Take good care of your skin by investing in good skin care.
- Sometimes it’s better to say it than to keep it. Use your voice.
- Celebrate your true self with champagne.
Photography by Forever Pixels