I call my work space the Hygge Office. For those of you who are not familiar with the term Hygge (pronounced hoo-ga), it is a Danish art of creating joy and coziness in life’s everyday moments, whatever the season or time of day. So, why not create Hygge where you spent most of your time such as your office space? My office is where I study, work, and create magic. It is my favorite space in the entire house. That’s why I spent numerous hours on Pinterest and online shops looking for the perfect items for my corner office. I needed a space where I felt creative and focused. While I was shopping for my decorations, I stuck to a palette and magically found all the things I was looking for. I love all things white, pink, marble, and gold. So I made sure to create my Hygge Office according to my career and passion.
The best way to create an office following the Hygge concept is to make the space your own. Follow these tips to create a more cozy environment:
- Use good lightning such as candles. Lightning is very important to create a peaceful space. Soon, I will add a marble lamp to my space.
- Have a warm rug, blanket or pillow.
- Create a visual space for your goals or have a happiness board. I decided to buy a pin board to pin all the images that make me smile.
- Create a playlist you enjoy while working on your next project.
- Surround your space with living things. I like to keep fresh flowers or succulents in my office. It makes the space more sustainable and Zen.
The most important aspect to take into consideration is to have a space that define your personality. You can start with Pinterest and create an office inspiration or mood board.
I hope my office inspires you to build your own.